By Andrew Zissos
- Includes contributions from over dozen Classical experiences students equipped into six thematic sections
- Illustrates how financial, social, and cultural forces interacted to create quite a few social worlds inside a composite Roman empire
- Concludes with a sequence of appendices that offer certain chronological and demographic details and an intensive thesaurus of terms
- Examines the Flavian Age extra generally and inclusively than ever earlier than incorporating assurance of frequently missed teams, similar to ladies and non-Romans in the Empire
Read or Download A Companion to the Flavian Age of Imperial Rome (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2006 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, observe: 1,0, Universität Mannheim, Veranstaltung: Die Römer in Südwestdeutschland, 27 Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Eine umfassend angelegte Betrachtung der Wirtschaft der Antike im Allgemeinen und derjenigen der römischen Provinzen im Speziellen, wie es Gegenstand dieser Arbeit ist, muss aus verschiedenen Gründen problematisch sein.
Over a few 1200 years, the Romans proved adept at studying from army catastrophe and this used to be key to their eventual luck and hegemony. Roman army mess ups covers the main pivotal and decisive defeats, from the Celtic invasion of 390 BC to Alaric's sack of Rome in advert 410. Paul Chrystal info the politics and techniques resulting in each one clash, how and why the Romans have been defeated, the strategies hired, the generals and the casualties.
Regardless of the transforming into quantity of significant new paintings being conducted on makes use of of fantasy specifically historic contexts, their attraction and reception past the framework of 1 tradition have hardly been the first item of enquiry in modern debate. Wandering Myths edits and translates the study offered at 3 workshops and a world convention of an identical name that have been held in Oxford among January and April 2014.
The Sylloge Tacticorum is a mid-Byzantine instance of the literary style of army manuals or Taktika which stretches again to antiquity. It was once one in every of a bunch produced through the 10th century CE, a interval while the Byzantine empire loved a wide degree of good fortune in its wars opposed to its conventional enemy, the Arabs.
- Politische Propaganda in der ersten Ekloge von Vergil (German Edition)
- Hellenistic and Roman Sparta: A Regional History 1300-362 BC
- Ex Oriente Lex
- The Greek City 7 Its Institutions (History of Civilization)
- Votive Body Parts in Greek and Roman Religion (Cambridge Classical Studies)
Additional info for A Companion to the Flavian Age of Imperial Rome (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Flavian Age of Imperial Rome (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Andrew Zissos