By Konrad H. Kinzl
- Topics lined variety from the political and institutional buildings of Greek society, to literature, paintings, economics, society, struggle, geography and the environment
- Discusses the issues of analyzing many of the resources for the period
- Guides the reader in the direction of a broadly-based realizing of the background of the Classical Age
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Classical Greek World (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2006 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, be aware: 1,0, Universität Mannheim, Veranstaltung: Die Römer in Südwestdeutschland, 27 Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Eine umfassend angelegte Betrachtung der Wirtschaft der Antike im Allgemeinen und derjenigen der römischen Provinzen im Speziellen, wie es Gegenstand dieser Arbeit ist, muss aus verschiedenen Gründen problematisch sein.
Over a few 1200 years, the Romans proved adept at studying from army catastrophe and this was once key to their eventual good fortune and hegemony. Roman army failures covers the main pivotal and decisive defeats, from the Celtic invasion of 390 BC to Alaric's sack of Rome in advert 410. Paul Chrystal information the politics and techniques resulting in every one clash, how and why the Romans have been defeated, the strategies hired, the generals and the casualties.
Even with the turning out to be volume of significant new paintings being conducted on makes use of of delusion specifically historical contexts, their attraction and reception past the framework of 1 tradition have hardly been the first item of enquiry in modern debate. Wandering Myths edits and translates the learn offered at 3 workshops and a global convention of an analogous identify that have been held in Oxford among January and April 2014.
The Sylloge Tacticorum is a mid-Byzantine instance of the literary style of army manuals or Taktika which stretches again to antiquity. It used to be considered one of a bunch produced in the course of the 10th century CE, a interval while the Byzantine empire loved a wide degree of good fortune in its wars opposed to its conventional enemy, the Arabs.
- Roman Military Law
- The Epic Distilled: Studies in the Composition of the Aeneid
- Les Imposteurs démasqués et les Usurpateurs punis (French Edition)
- Luther in Rom, Roman (German Edition)
- Cicero: Pro Marco Caelio (Cambridge Greek and Latin Classics)
- Religion in the Roman Empire (Blackwell Ancient Religions)
Extra resources for A Companion to the Classical Greek World (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Classical Greek World (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Konrad H. Kinzl